Thursday, February 2, 2017



Yes! We shall sing

A word in season devotionals

Prince Joseph


Psalms 138:4-8
All the kings of the earth shall praise You, O Lord,
When they hear the words of Your mouth.
Yes, they shall sing of the ways of the Lord,
For great is the glory of the Lord.
Though the Lord is on high,
Yet He regards the lowly;
But the proud He knows from afar.
Though I walk in the midst of trouble, You will revive me;
You will stretch out Your hand
Against the wrath of my enemies,
And Your right hand will save me.
The Lord will perfect that which concerns me

Haven’t you ever come to the place where whatever God had been doing in the background of your life became visible and plain to you and you could not help but sing? Sing of His perfect wisdom in dealing with your life’s issues. Sing of His sovereign rule upon all aspects of your life. Sing of His grace extended to you even when you thought He was messing up with your life. Sing of His patience in dealing with you through it all despite your complains and unbelief. “Yes, they shall sing of the ways of the Lord.”


It is our limited understanding of the ways of the Lord God that give us much untold tension and stress and that gets in the way of faith.


Great is the glory of God. All His doings in our lives, sweet and painful, have one great and marvelous goal: Revealing the great glory of God. Be patient. You shall still sing when all is said and done. Yes, you shall sing of the ways of the Lord. It is our limited understanding of the ways of the Lord God that give us much untold tension and stress and that gets in the way of faith. This limits our full trust in the Lord and His ways.

Prayer:
Oh Lord. Your ways are above my ways. Your thoughts are above my thoughts. Your plans are above and better than my plans. Help me to trust and wait patiently through it all because at the end of it all Your great glory shall be revealed and oh how I shall sing from the depth of my heart.
Help me to trust you in the process and forgive me for all the times I have not co-operated with you. In Jesus mighty name I ask. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment