Monday, February 6, 2017

So you said you have no reasons to Sing about?

A word in season devotionals

Prince Joseph


Psalm 18:1-2
New International Version
[For the director of music. Of David the servant of the Lord. He sang to the Lord the words of this song when the Lord delivered him from the hand of all his enemies and from the hand of Saul. He said:]
I love you, Lord, my strength. The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.

King David sang the words of this song after he went through a period of being pursued on every side by enemies and still he prevailed. How did he prevail? Who was worthy of the final praise? He tells us who: "The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer;....."

You and I have had some battles too, if not many. We have come out of them and we are here today. so what should we do when we look back? We should firts reflect about how we made it and to whom belongs the glory and the praise. is it God or is it our might. it is certainly God.

So what should we do with this information? We should sing! Sing from our hearts and with all with have. Sing and let every one know how we actually made it. So, amidst all the battles of today and tomorrow, we can afford a song to the God who delivered us yesterday and yesteryears. Can't we?

"How can I repay the LORD for all his acts of kindness to me? ​​​​​​​I will celebrate my deliverance, and call on the name of the LORD." Psalms 116:12-13.

"The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold."

No comments:

Post a Comment